- Safety precautions are vital before, during and after school. If your child is transported by bus:
with him/her to the bus stop if it is a new experience. All students
are expected to be at their assigned stops five minutes before the bus
is due. The bus CAN NOT wait for you.
- Talk with him/her about where to stand. Students should stand back from the road in an orderly manner.
- Bus riders should realize that procedures for movement and seating arrangements are regulated by the driver.
to him/her the dangers of crossing a street or intersection. All
students who need to cross the road will do so in front of the bus,
after it has stopped and the bus driver has motioned you across.
- Become acquainted with your child’s bus driver.
supervision. Form a group of parents whose children wait together at
the bus stop. Parents are responsible for supervising children at bus
- Students in Kindergarten, grade one and grade two will
not be allowed off of the bus unless an adult is at the stop to meet
them. Students who are not allowed off the bus will be returned to the
school and placed in the Linked Together child care program at parent
expense. Parents will be called in this event.