Welcome to Ms. Grube's Third Grade Class!
As a class we agreed on expectations for the year. Your child and their classmates created a list of rules and expectations for us to remember throughout the year.
“In 3EG we agree to be kind, positive and safe at all times. We will be a good friend to others and help others out. We will always be responsible and respectful! No matter what, we will always try our best!”
8:30-9:00 Morning work
9:00-9:20 Snack facts
11:30-12:00 Reading Groups
12:40-1:05 Spelling & Cursive
2:00-2:30 Science/Social Studies
2:30-2:55 Ketchup & Choice
· 4 nights per week (Monday-Thursday)
· Most weeks we will have spelling homework Monday and Thursday, math homework Tuesday and Wednesday
· Additionally, students are expected to be reading each night
· To start, homework should be taking a total of 20 minutes. As the year goes on, the expectation is that students should be reading more and more, however we will talk about this as it comes
· Students who do not turn in their homework will have 1 “forget” each trimester. Once that forget is used up, students will be expected to complete their homework at recess using a clipboard or the end of the day choice time.
· Throughout the year, students will have opportunities to earn homework passes to be used on busy nights J